Every bride knows that the journey to her wedding day isn't just about selecting a venue or choosing a dress; it's about the emotional moments and the cherished memories made along the way. Among the most unforgettable of these is assembling your support system to get you through the tough decisions and stressful situations ahead; those dear friends who've laughed with you, cried with you, and stood steadfastly by you through thick and thin.
Over the years, asking your best friends to be your bridesmaids (or even your best men!) has transformed from becoming a mere formality to a special occasion that calls for its own celebration. Even in Singapore, the trend of gifting a bridesmaid box has taken root, transcending tradition. It's more than a superficial gift – it’s a genuine expression of gratitude, a reflection of the myriad emotions you feel. This gift symbolises your desire to give back a fraction of the immense love, care, and joy they've enriched your life with. After all, it's these moments of heartfelt connection that’ll make the wedding journey so incredibly special!
How to Ask Your Bridesmaids to Be Yours
There’s no one way for a bride to ‘propose’ to her bridal party. Some common ways to ask include:
- Adding a personal touch: When it comes to conveying sentiment, nothing beats a handwritten note, with the charm of your words pouring love and warmth.
- Plan a get-together: Whether over brunch, afternoon tea, or even dessert, celebrate the special occasion by sharing a meal together. Revel in the camaraderie and pop the ‘bridesmaid proposal' amidst the laughter.
- Video call: If distance is a barrier, a surprise video call can make your friend's day and bring tears of happiness.
Elevate each of these occasions by including a surprise gift box tailored to each individual’s personality, interests, or hobbies! Surprise your besties by having them delivered straight to their doorstep, or present them with the box during an in-person gathering for what will surely be a tearful and emotional moment.
Potential Gift Ideas to Include in a Bridesmaid Box
If you’ve decided to create bridesmaid boxes for your besties, here are some ideas to get you started:
- Personalised cups or tumblers: Sustainable, practical, and oh-so-personal! Go beyond just putting their name on it; why not engrave a message that hints at a shared moment or inside joke between just the two of you?
- Wedding-ready accessories or apparel: If you have already decided on a wedding theme or colour scheme, one way to help your bridesmaids get started on their own preparations is to include an accessory that fits your theme. Think hair clips, shoes, or even personalised bath robes for getting ready together during the morning of the wedding!
- Matching jewellery: While your bridesmaids will undoubtedly want to express their own fashion sense through their wedding outfits, gifting them matching jewellery is a great way for the whole group to share something in common. It doesn’t have to be as extravagant as a diamond ring, either. Love & Co.’s LVC 9TwentyFive collection comprises 925 Sterling Silver rings, earrings and ear cuffs, necklaces, pendants, and bracelets in a simple style that will match just about anyone’s aesthetic. Plus, they’ll have no trouble working the pieces into their everyday jewellery set once the wedding is over.
- Miniature beauty or skincare kits: Everyone will want to look their best on your wedding day. Start the skincare prep early by gifting your girls small pouches filled with their favourite moisturisers, blushers, lipsticks, face masks, or even bath bombs to get everyone excited about the big day. As a plus point, they’ll remember this special occasion whenever they use the pouch in the future.
Go for Gratitude that Sparkles
Your journey to the aisle is going to be lined with memories, joyous moments, and people who mean the world. While the wedding day is indeed about you and your partner, it's these little gestures that make it memorable for those around you as well. Bridesmaid gift boxes are just one way you can show gratitude to the people in your circle who have supported you through thick and thin and who will be right by your side on one of the best days of your life as well.
Discover new ways to celebrate love, commitment, and special moments with Love & Co. From bridal shower gifts for any bride-to-be to Valentine's Day gifts for your sweetheart to engagement gifts for your soon-to-be-spouse, we’re here with you through all the special events in life.