Finding Her Ring Size
Do note that before you get her ring size, it is important to know that a wedding ring should be worn on the left ring finger. This traditional belief was established when people discovered that there was a vein on the fourth finger of the left hand that ran directly to the heart. This theory has been cited in Western cultures as one of the reasons why an engagement or wedding ring is to be worn on the fourth finger.
Helpful Tips while Measuring your Ring Size
Interestingly, our fingers shrink and expand according to the temperature of our surroundings. It is a natural physiological occurrence, but this does make it harder to accurately ascertain our ring size.
- Our recommendation is to measure your finger at the end of the day when you are at a normal body temperature.
- High temperatures cause the size of our fingers to expand, for example, after we take a hot shower. Whereas lower temperatures result in a smaller finger size, such as a quick swim in the pool.
- Additionally, our dominant hands are always slightly larger. So make sure you are getting the measurements from the correct hand!
If you are Planning for a Surprise
Here are a couple of tips for you should you have problems trying to guess her ring size:
- For the stealthy, try to measure her ring finger with a string while she is asleep
- You can also use one of her existing rings and measure their diameter or circumference (make sure you’re measuring the correct ring!)
- Alternatively, you can try to compare the size of her ring finger to your fingers before measuring the finger you used as reference.
Find your Measurement with Our Ring Sizing Guide
If you would like to get a measurement of her ring size immediately, print out our simple ring sizing guide. Please note our ring size guide is based on Hong Kong’s ring size.
Firstly, use a thin strip of paper to circle the circumference of your ring finger, and compare the circumference to our list. If the circumference measurement sits in between two ring sizes, we recommend you to size up as rings can be easily resized to a smaller size if they are too big.
Alternatively, you can opt for Love & Co’s. complimentary ring size tester, which will be mailed to you for free. If you will like to use it, be sure to hit up our friendly Live Chat consultants to get it!
Complimentary Ring Resizing Policy
At Love & Co, we believe in curating a meaningful proposal experience for you and your partner. What better way to do so than with a surprise? Therefore, fret not – should you get the wrong ring size, we offer complimentary ring resizing of up to 3 sizes on most purchases. Be sure to check in with any of our consultants if you need more help.